Saturday, June 30, 2018

Japan, HOW?

I started working October 2009 for a with-in the city, but the Philippine’s largest shoe brand. I started as a rank and file employee in the General Accounting Division for 29 months. Then, I got promoted to an Accounting Officer, posted for 19 months. And promoted again to Accounting Supervisor, worked for 7 months more and resigned for personal reasons. (Of course!  you know what is the reason ).

2013, I am starting to regain my interest in studying the Japanese Language. So I enrolled myself in 1 on 1 tutorial on line class at UNMEI NIHONGO CENTER, Philippines. After I passed the Japanese Language Proficiency Test Level 4 and trained, I was lucky that the president, and one of my good friends who always support me, of UNMEI, hired me as a Part Time Japanese Language Instructor, for Saturdays and online sessions. Teaching the language made me more interested in it. Together with the person who really loves teaching, I have a really good experience learning and rendering services there. I made good and lasting friendship.

I worked part time at UNMEI while working full time for a subsidiary of a Japanese IT company here in the Philippines, as an Assistant Manager for the Accounting and Treasury Department. Where in the top officials are Japanese Nationals, so I can practice my little Japanese skills. I worked there for 18 months.

 I got my Japanese Language Proficiency Test level 3 last December 2014. I got the news that a partner school of UNMEI, wants to give me a little sponsorship and this led me to decide, to study the Japanese Language in Japan. So, I saved up and the rest loaned to my parents and my cousin J. I was really lucky my cousin sponsored my papers so I can study in Japan. (Because both of my parents are already retired, we don’t have documents for sponsorship).

I got my student’s visa, for my study at a partner school of UNMEI in Gifu City in Japan. Students are allowed to work part time, up to 28 hours a week. I worked part time for a Karaoke chain for 6 months. It was always midnight, so sadly I gave up. The rest I worked part time, at a convenience store. It was a really good practice for my speaking skills because I got the opportunity to talk to people and serving them. I got my Japanese Language Proficiency Test level 2 last July 2016. I fairly traveled well and been into some places in Yokohama, Chiba, Tokyo, Yamanashi, Shizuoka, Nagoya, Kyoto, and Osaka. I had my adventures there for 1 year and a half.

 I think my personality greatly changed. Now, I like a work that interacts with people than desk job. I learnt how to like to communicate with people, listening to them and taking time with them.

Learning the language and culture of Japan on site was really a good experience. By communicating with very polite and friendly people, I gained a lot of friends and experiences. I have seen another dimension of the world; it opened my mind and soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment