Monday, January 14, 2019

January 6-12, 2019


January 6 (Su)



When I woke up I noticed that my face is somewhat swollen and redder than the usual. Though my face is redder than the ordinary person, this is because of lupus’ symptom called butterfly rash. I think something is wrong with me. And I also observed that there was a small hematoma that is appearing on my arms.

January 7 (M)


Today, I went to see my friends for the 1st time. they are actually my classmates that I met in an online Japanese class. My Chinese friend works in a hotel in Gero, Gifu Prefecture and my Taiwanese friend works also in a hotel in Shodoshima, Shikoku Prefecture. They had work off and they went to Osaka for a tour and they contacted me for a meetup. My Chinese friend even gave me a present (pasalubong), nuts, from Gero. It was my Chinese friend’s 1st time to eat Okonomiyaki. I’m glad that they enjoyed it.


On my way home, I bought this sweet potato cake. It is made from sweet potato and shaped like it too. It has a very creamy taste and very delicious. I really liked it. I was surprised that they make sweet potatoes as a dessert here.

January 8 (T)

I think I really got tired and cold from the yesterday’s meet up. We walked to Nanba, see some tourist spots even though it was cold. Now I think I caught a cold, my throat hurts a little, and my leg muscles hurts too. But I was happy that I was able to meet them.
After I urinated, I somewhat feel a little aching in my lower back and side abdomen. It happened every time I urinated today. I think this is not a symptom of urinary tract infection (UTI). Maybe if it is UTI then, it will hurt while I am urinating, but the pain I am feeling now is different from that.

January 9 (W)



I and my parents went to see the illumination at Osaka Castle. Indeed the castle was beautiful even if it is night. Even though it was cold, I bare with it.

After walking long in the cold, its time to reward ourselves with yakiniku, grilled beef. It is very satisfying and stomach filling. It was my parent’s first time to do yakiniku, and thank God that they enjoyed it, and they ate a lot.

January 10 (Th)

As a part of the winter experience here in Japan, it will not be complete if parents will not experience nabe. So I took them out to eat nabe. We ate motsu nabe, it is pork guts with cabbage and bean sprouts that are boiled in a soy sauce flavored soup. This dish really suits the cold weather.

The little aching in my lower back and side abdomen after I urinate still continues and today it hurts when I urinate, a symptom of UTI. I did my best and drink more water as my doctor advised me.

January 11 (F)

Today, my parents will go home to the Philippines. I will send them to the airport. But we first went to the Philippine Consulate to renew my passport. Thank God that it didn’t take me so much time, just 30 minutes only. And luckily that the consulate is just a 10-minute drive away from home. Then another 1-hour drive to the airport. I really was about to cry when I hugged my parents goodbye. It was really a sad event. It took me almost an hour drive again to get home. When I got home, it was really silent and I felt so empty, then it really got into me that I am alone again. 😢

January 12 (S)


I got tired from driving yesterday and my knees hurt today. As I thought that my hematomas in my arms are fading away, I observed that there are hematomas and spider-like veins appearing on my legs. It is a good thing that due to the weather here, I must dress warmly in pants and long sleeves, with that, hematomas will be hidden.

My medicine dosage is still at:

🌅Morning: 10mg of Predonine, 2 capsules of Cellcept, anti-osteoporosis, half of blood pressure medicine, medicine for uric acid, intestinal medicine, Plaquenil, and additional medicine for infection reduced to every Monday only.


🌜Evening: 7.5mg of Predonine, 3 capsules of Prograf and 2 capsules of Cellcept, anti-cholesterol medicine, half of a blood pressure medicine and sleeping pills #1 & #2.

No comments:

Post a Comment