Thursday, December 27, 2018

December 15-21, 2018 Hot spring trip!

December 15 (S)

I got tired yesterday because of the hospital appointment and driving to and from Kansai airport. Though my body is feeling heavy and I am lacking sleep, I feel happy and excited. I am eating Philippine sweets non-stop. 

December 16 (Su)

 I tried eating this Hiroshima version of okonomiyaki. It is a cabbage pancake but for the Hiroshima version they mostly more eggs and they put stir-fried noodles as filling then topped with okomi sauce. I thought the taste will be strange but it really was very delicious!


Now my excitement is wearing down and I can feel muscle pain especially in my arms. Is it because of the vein that erupted or is it because of the symptom of Lupus? I am confused.

December 17 (M)

As a pass time, I tried playing Sudoku. So basically I have to place the number tiles 1-9 but there should be no redundancy horizontally, vertically and 1/9 section. It was quite hard but after passing so much -time, I got to solve one problem! It was so fulfilling!

Today I can feel back pain, but my arm pain is starting to get better.

December 18 (T)

I and my parents had a late breakfast a café and took a walk to the nearby supermarket.

I feel that my stomach is bloated again. I feel that my stomach is getting very big that my lower back hurt. It was a long time since I felt this; I thought that it has gone away. Is it because I am eating a lot?

December 19 (W)

Can you guess what this is? This is a picture of my swollen elbow. I don’t know but when I woke up, it was like this.

Also, when I walk, it is like my leg muscles are tightening, it is really hard to walk.

December 21 (F)

It is a rest day! I and my parents decided to go to Kobe’s Mt. Rokko Garden Terrace. I have to drive almost an hour to have an overlooking view of some part of Kobe. But unfortunately, it was a cloudy day, we didn’t get the chance to see a very good view.


Then we headed to Arima Onsen, a hot spring town. There are 2 types of natural hot spring water in Arima Onsen. The golden water which has high iron content and the silver water which is rich in iron and radium. We took a stroll over the town.


Then this was for lunch! Soba (wheat flour noodles) and chahan (fried rice). It was very delicious and perfect for the cold weather of the mountain.

It is said that the hot springs are good for body and muscle pains so, we had a dip at the hot spring in the Kin no Yu (Golden water). There is 3 water temperature to choose from, 40, 42 and 44 degree Celsius. I wasn’t able to have a dip at the 44 degree Celsius spring because it was too hot for me. But I had a really good time and I was feeling great!

Before we headed back to Osaka, we had coffee and a taste of Arima’s delicacy. The Arima roll, which tastes like a salted-caramel cake roll, but the salt used for this cake is the salt from the hot spring waters. And the black bean tart; the black beans and the tart had a very good combination. I also had a taste of the Arima’s coffee; which uses coffee beans that were harvested from the coffee farms in Arima.

We really had a good and relaxing time! Thank God the weather was fine and we had a safe journey.

My medicine dosage is still at:

🌅Morning: 10mg of Predonine, 2 capsules of Cellcept, anti-osteoporosis, half of blood pressure medicine, medicine for uric acid, intestinal medicine, Plaquenil, and additional medicine for infection every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. 


🌜Evening: 7.5mg of Predonine, 3 capsules of Prograf and 2 capsules of Cellceptferrous sulfate, anti-cholesterol medicine, half of a blood pressure medicine, zinc supplement. Sleeping pills #1 & #2.



No comments:

Post a Comment