Saturday, June 22, 2019

June 16 - 22, 2019 A week vacation?



After being free from the hospital  for about 7 months who would have thought that I had to be hospitalized again. This last 7 months as much as possible I endured and bared the pain so that I will not be admitted. But I this time last Thursday,June 20,I was rushed to the hospital. 

It started last week when I woke up in the morning I am feeling pain in my feet especially when I walk. My fingers too are swelling. But last Tuesday, even though I took pain killers,it was like it didnt worked. The whole day my feet hurt. I felt really tired and sleepy. But I still managed to go to work.

Then Wednesday, I felt better but I am experiencing muscle cramps especially on my fingers. 

Thursday, when I woke up at around 5:00 am,  I wanted to go to the toilet but I cant move my body. I tried hard for about 10 minutes and I was able to sit. I tried standing up but as I step my feet it really hurt I was really crying. It really felt a long way to the toilet and I had a hard time bending my knees it took me about 30 minutes for that trip to the toilet. Even though I took pain killers it didnt work and my whole body ached. I also had fever. 
I called my friend to help me and we decided to go to the nearby clinic. But the doctor there is not my attending physician,so the clinic just called an ambulance for me and we went to the hospital to see my doctor. 

Nagatsuji Sensei welcomed me at the Emergency Room and I dont know if we will be happy to see each other. The last time I went to the hospital I went to greet him and we were just joking about me admitted,and we didnt expect that we will be meeting in the ER. He ordered that I have to under go blood test, ECG, X-ray, and CT scan. 

As the results came,Nagatsuji sensei decided that I have to be confined. Because according to the findings,my albumin level,body nutrition,went bad that my intestines are a little swollen which cause the edema to worsen. There is also possibility of infection in my intestines. 

As treatment my team of doctors decided that I have to receive 250mg pulse steroid,albumin and 2 shots of laysix (to make urination easier)via IV for 3 days from Thursday to Saturday. The doctors said that if the medicines are in IV,the body can absorb it quickly and the effects are greater and faster. 

I am feeling better now, the edema is almost gone and I am able to walk since Friday. I exercised in the garden. It has been a while, I missed the view.

As planned,starting Sunday,the 20mg steroids and a shot of lay six will administered via IV. Then if the blood test on Monday will have a good result,my medicines will be back to the normal tablets. I hope I can be discharged as early as Monday but Nagatsuji Sensei told me that Tuesday will be a little tight. 

I guess I will be staying here in this "hotel" until next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment