Friday, September 28, 2018

September 24-26, 2018 Renal Biopsy


September 24, 2018 (Monday)


Today is a rainy day. ☔I just rested my body in preparation for the Renal Biopsy. I just spend the rest of the day sleeping alone in the 4 person room. 😴Though at some point I need to take painkillers💊 because my stomach still aches and I am still having slight LBM.

September 25, 2018 (Tuesday)

I was lucky enough that my LBM was controlled and we can go with the planned Renal Biopsy. 👌But before the procedure, I got my blood samples taken. Some samples are for safekeeping, like a file of blood.📁 In the Renal Biopsy, they are going to check the condition of my kidneys after the medical treatments that I have received.

Though there was no time, I still managed to take a shower. I have a urine catheter attached to me, because 10 hours after the procedure, I should be lying down and cannot be out of bed.

I was taken to the room where the procedure will be done. The preparations were long, but the actual sample taking just took only 10 minutes, and it was done by Nagatsuji Sensei. Kitabayashi Sensei, Yamazaki Sensei, Inoue Sensei, and for the 1st time I met, Morikawa Sensei, were there to assist him in doing the procedure. Now I have met everybody in the Kidney Internal Medicine Division. 🙋

I was able to eat my lunch.😋 I was so hungry since I haven’t eaten since breakfast. But as the night falls, my stomach is hurting that I was not able to eat my dinner.😢 I have to take a painkiller, Ririka, but it was not enough, I have to take the stronger one.

Nagatsuji Sensei gave me the permission to get out of bed, even though 10 hours have not passed, if ever I feel like having LBM.😭 I did use that permission, at around 8:30 pm JST, an hour early than the 10 hour period.  😩

Luckily I fell asleep as the painkillers took effect.

September 26, 2018 (Wednesday)


I have another blood test again today to see if there is any excess bleeding. So, this is what it looks like. Today this gauze will be taken out but I was advised by Nagatsuji Sensei not to take a bath today.😉


Today, I got a visitor. If you can still remember Tokunaga san, the one I was in the same room from 2 weeks ago. She came here for her out patient consultation. She was so kind enough to visit and bring me these. Nagatsuji Sensei gave me the permission to eat.😀


Nagatsuji Sensei explained to me the result of the Renal Biopsy. 💭This is a picture of the sample taken from me.😲 The damaged parts cannot be recovered, 💦but he said that I had a very good reaction from treatment that I have undergone.

There is still the chance that my kidneys will be worse if I will not take good care of them. 😳I have to take care of myself. Take extra precaution on what I eat because there is a limit on salt, sugar, and protein intake.😩 Proper exercise and avoid stress. He also said that I will be having my outpatient consultations here, because it is not possible to have a small clinic to be looking after me, and that they know my history. Thank God if that is the case.🙏🙇







No comments:

Post a Comment