Friday, July 13, 2018

July 12, 2018 (Thursday)


Good morning! That was a good 6 hours sleep. I went to the toilet once, and I didn’t even need to take sleeping pill #3. Good sign good sign!

Today is the last session of the Blood Dialysis (血漿交換けっしょうこうかん). As the usual preparations: fasting, took a bath at 9:00 am JST, had my special anti-pain medicine. Even though I fasted I still took my morning medicines: 3 capsules of Cellcept, anti-cholesterol, antibacterial medicine, started a new brand for blood pressure medicine, intestinal medicine, Slow-k , and antibiotic for UTI & LBM. And starting today, instead of the usual shots of the Prednisone Pulse 50mg, I will take it as a reduced tablet form at Prednisone 40mg per day. That will be 30mg in the morning and 10mg in the afternoon. IV lasted for 2 weeks. I’m glad it stopped because the kickback was tough. And this is a good sign! Thank God! Skipped the anti-edema, I don’t want to take toilet breaks later. The other medicines for anti-vomit and anti-irritation were administered by Nagatsuji Sensei via a shot in my neck.



Today’s session ended really well and fast. I thought it will not be finished in within 2 hours because at the start my blood didn’t seem to go out well to the machine. But we were all surprised that it ended faster than expected. For me no pains at all, it was just that I had high blood pressure during the last half. But everything was ok. I went back to my room, and had my lunch at about 1:00 pm JST. The hospital lunch was 100g rice, fried chicken with steamed broccoli, steamed Chinese cabbage, string beans salad, and tea. But I ate half of the rice, the fried chicken and corn potage only. My appetite doesn’t seem to go back.

During the 2:00 pm JST rounds, got my Prednisone 10mg tablets and anti edema. My blood sugar count was 137.


I went to the family mart and bought these. This is a secret! I ate chips, with no intention of saying because Nagatsuji Sensei will be angry. Consider this as a reward for the very well ended session for the day. A wonton soup for dinner and I also bought a facial wash.

Today, I got the chance to speak to a doctor here in our ward, Asai Sensei, he was very well entertained as we speak in English. It was just that he was in a good timing when he passed by and I called the English learning nurse and he overheard it. So, he started a conversation with me. We exchanged lines; I also give info and little lessons. He was so amazed, I said that it is very normal for Filipinos to speak English, even little children know how. (Itayo ang bandera ng Pilipinas! Raise the Filipino flag!)



My IV on the neck was finally taken out by Nagatsuji Sensei! Yes! After 3 weeks I got it out! I was so glad that even though the anti-pain medicine wore out, I don't feel pain. I was so happy that I hugged him. He was so shocked, but he patted my back. (hokage moves? LOL)

Dinner: 100g rice, egg and tofu sautéed, steamed potatoes, radish and carrot salad, jelly, 2 slices of kiwi, and tea. That was the hospital food. But I ate the wanton soup I bought and the 100g rice and half of the egg and tofu sautéed. I passed everything else because I don’t feel like eating it. I just wanted soup and rice. Medicine: 3 capsules of Prograf and as the usual 3 capsules of CellceptSlow-k and LBM medicine.

My high blood pressure is still continuing that it went up to 187/110. Another ward doctor came in for me. He gave me medicine, but I have to take the medicine twice in the interval of 30 mins, and he even gave me the special anti-pain medicine because my nape really hurts. (Putok batok is real). Somehow it went better as I put an ice pack on my neck. I took my sleeping pills #1 & #2 at 12:22 am JST.

I was very thankful because I was able to go to sleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment