Tuesday, July 03, 2018

May 18, 2018 (Friday) TO CUT THE STORY SHORT…


May 18, 2018: I arrived again in Japan (after 1 year and 1 month), but now in Osaka.

Under working visa for a year, with the help of my connection. I will work for an institution subsidized by the Japanese Government to take care of children with special needs. It is like a daycare / after school service for children with special needs. These include children until the age of 18 with Down Syndrome, Autism, Anger Management and other behavioral disorders.

So basically, in the morning I will work for the management side, office works and everything,  that is 10: 00 am to 12:00 pm JST. Then at 1:00 pm JST the preparation for the after school work. Around 3:00 pm JST, we will start fetching the children from their respective schools or homes, bring them to the facility, look after them and make them do their assignments or activities. Then at around 6:30 pm JST, we will start to send them to their respective homes. The work finishes at 7:00 pm JST. The number of the children are limited right now I think it is 16 maximum but they don’t come in all at once. It still depends on the schedule.

Even though I’m an accountant, really loved the idea of working for an institution like this. I was so happy that there was a job opening like this when I heard about it. I really wanted a job that deals with people.

Though this was not my first time to leave the Philippines, this time was a bit different because I will be leaving under the Overseas Filipino Worker (OFW) state. So there will be additional process at the airport at the immigration, and also considering the traffic and everything in the Philippines, I think it was better to take the late flight.

And as expected from that carrier, it was a delayed flight! (you know which one was it). The flight was delayed, the immigration was lengthy, and too much, people who will get a residence card will be separated from the line. To such inconvenience, I was taken last to the lane where the immigration officer was a newbie, still under training. He failed for the first time; my data wasn’t printed on the card. He has to print my residence card twice. And it took time for him to do the 2nd card. But let him be, he is still under training.  And thanks to that, I didn’t have the trouble picking up my baggage because it was left there at the belt for me. I was the last person to get my baggage.

And we finally met! My boss and my Indian (23 y/o, female) and French (26 y/o, female) colleague fetch me at Kansai Airport. My Indian colleague made a welcome banner for me, I was so happy! (I’m still keeping it now) But, they have to wait for 1 ½ hours. It was so embarrassing. You know Japanese time. It was a shock to know that my boss, male of 40 plus of age, doesn’t have a driver’s license. So my French colleague does the driving works. When I asked him why he said that he was just not interested in having one. So I will be needed to do the driving because only some of us have driver’s license. By the way, I brought an international driver’s license with me. Which will let me drive within Japan for about a year. Because it will take me a 3-month stay before I can apply for conversion to the Japanese driver’s license. 

It was a rainy day, it's a good thing that they fetch me. I can observe that they have a good relationship with the way they talk to each other. And they are really nice to me, especially my Indian colleague, she talks to me a lot and she didn’t let me have a dull moment. Then we first unload my baggage in my apartment. Then we walk to get dinner. But I was so tired to eat dinner, I only ate a little bread over olive oil with mushrooms and shrimp, French fries and tea. So we walk back home. I said goodnight to my boss. He left. And I forgot to ask if there is wifi in the apartment, and guess what! There was none! I was a little worried because I don’t know how to contact my family, I am sure that they are waiting. But I remembered that there is Lawson near the apartment. I will be needing to go there and connect to the wifi. It took me time to connect because it was a little bit different setting from a year ago but I still managed. So I succeeded.

Tomorrow I’m planning to go there just to connect to the free wifi. Let’s sleep for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment