Thursday, July 05, 2018

July 3, 2018 (Tuesday) 2nd set Blood Dialysis (血漿交換, けっしょうこうかん).



I will not be having any breakfast. It was a good thing that I was scheduled for 10:00 am JST. If not, I will not also be eating my lunch. I bought food at Familymart. Meat sauce Doria, sandwich and chocolates (for tomorrow). But the Meat sauce Doria was so salty that I only ate 1/3 of it and threw it away, I guess my pallet changed now.


Around 11:30 pm JST  again I went to the Familymart to buy ham, cheese and lettuce sandwich. With this, I have my preparations done!


So, from my previous post, I received blood right? Because of that, I am re-charged! I feel so strong. Its already midnight and I am still feeling that I have just woken up. Around 2:00 am JST, a nurse told me, you look so fresh! 



I had the difficulty of sleeping, I just slept for 3 hours. Now, I look wasted! Ahaha!
My body weight is 55.50 kilos for today, compared to my original 54 kilos, I have Edema, can you see it on my face? Ahahha.


I didn’t have my breakfast but I still have to take my medicines. 3 capsules of Cellcept, Furosemide 20mg, antibacterial medicine, and the medicine for the blood pressure.
I took my shower at 9:00 am JST. My nurse has to give me the dextrose for anti-pain at around 9:30 am JST, and 9:45 am JST the anti-irritation and anti-vomit medicine. I said my prayers. So yes the preparation is done! I’m so ready.
So today is the D day! Another set of  Blood Dialysis (血漿交換, けっしょうこうかん).
When I arrived at the 12th floor, I don’t know why, but I was so sleepy that my eyes are almost closed. I didn’t know if I have greeted everyone there.  In the 1st hour of the process, I was asleep. It was a good thing because I can’t feel anything. Thank God. 

But, I have to go to the toilet. So, we have to stop everything and even take off the thing in my neck. It took time. I have to urinate. The effect of Furosemide 20mg. and back again, the time was wasted. 

The second half was a little difficult because I had allergies. Red spots start coming out, they gave me shots for it. The irritation continued that they have to give me steroid with anti-irritation. It subsided little by little. But some still were left in my hands. Every time the process is about to end, I can feel something. Huhuhu!

Though the process was quite long, overall it was fine compared to the previous times. It was finished by 1:00 pm JST. 1 hour late than expected.


This is the trace of blood did by the staff. Aahaha it got dirty., I have to bear with this until the changing of the sheet is on Friday.

This time I went back to my room with consciousness and I was able to say my greeting when I got back. “TADAIMA”,(ただいま、I’m back) and everybody was very happy because everything seemed well.

The reward from Nagatsuji Sensei! Today’s lunch is 100g rice, meatballs, fried chicken, Chinese cabbage salad, and tea! I found out that the ones deciding with my meal is my doctor in charge! I was so happy that he gave me this lunch. Meat and meat combination doesn’t serve out recently. I ate it all while resting in between. It was worth the wait!




I finally received the earring that I am going to give my Indian colleague for her birthday. It's so late. She gave me many presents for my birthdays, chocolates and an Indian inspired-dress.

2:00 pm JST shots: Prednisone Pulse 40mg and medicine for the intestines and took Furosemide 20mg. this is the 10:00 am medicine. They didn’t give me this before the Blood Dialysis (血漿交換, けっしょうこうかん) because the steroid might cause conflict in the process. Today’s sugar is 137. (Very good! Now I can eat chocolates!)


4:00 pm JST shots: Prednisone Pulse 20mg. As expected, there are still kickback from the process. My muscles are itchy it seems that I have to move it all and massage it. I put on salonpas, it helps a little that taking anti-pain medicine. So while walking, I was reading the book given to me by Mrs. Higuchi. It was full of inspiring Japanese Quotations.
I saw my other doctor, Kitabayashi Sensei. She was so surprised to see me walking in the corridor. I hugged her and thank her because the Blood Dialysis (血漿交換, けっしょうこうかん) went well. She was so happy too.

Dinner alone in the canteen is depressing. Mrs. Higuchi is not feeling well these days that she is eating in her room. Dinner: 100g rice, white fish, and mushrooms, steamed Chinese cabbage, sweet potato salad, 3 slices of pineapples, 2 packs of protein biscuits and tea. I didn't ate the pineapple because I don’t like the after feeling of it. As the usual medicine, 3 capsules of Cellcept.

10:00 pm JST I took sleeping pills 1 & 2.

I said my thank you prayers. Hoping for a good night sleep.

Thank you for your prayers and support for today’s Blood Dialysis (血漿交換けっしょうこうかん)


PS: I corrected the Steroid Pulse 20mg to Prednison Pulse 40mg.
This is the correct dosage.
10:00 am JST Prednison Pulse 40mg

I also corrected the correct way of saying the process done to me it is Blood Dialysis (血漿交換けっしょうこうかん) or Plasma Exchange.




No comments:

Post a Comment