Wednesday, July 04, 2018

May 20, 2018 (Sunday) First day of work

Today I will be reporting for work! My boss gave me the company keys and bicycle. I’m lucky that the bicycle is a folding one colored white. (My preference). It is good that the daycare and the office are very near my house (yes, different building unit), I can go to the daycare by 4 minutes walk and to the office by 8 minutes walk.

So the company background:
It is a government-subsidized institution for physically challenged children. The company receives fund from the government for the operational needs of the facility. It has after-school day service for physically challenged children, wherein we buy time for the parent of the said children so that they can do other things or have time for themselves.  The facility allows the children to learn, relax, make friends, study and do meaningful activities that can help them overcome their inabilities. This company also has, caregiving services, movement support for handy capped, senior citizens and physically challenged persons and the like.

As the company’s saying: Sky’s the limit!

My work:
In the morning, I will be doing the office works for the management side. In the afternoon, I will be on the after-school day service side. The work is basically fetching kids, playing and being with them and then bringing them home to their respective houses.
As expected for 1st days, I will be observing only. But I can’t help to take part. (can’t stay still!)
It is very relieving that the children are all very nice and receiving. They didn’t give negative something towards me, and they are all well mannered. If you can see them, they may look very normal. I am so lucky because we had a mutual connection. I also met the other main staff in the day service side, the Japanese woman, and another French lady (who comes on Sundays only).
The Japanese woman overheard that I can play the violin, and she said that there was a violin in the storeroom so; she and the kids took it out. And there it was, 2 full-size violins! I was so nostalgic. It is also a good thing that the part-timer French lady had the experience of learning the violin. So, I downloaded a violin tuner in my cell phone and tuned it. One, of the boys with autism, had the interest in playing it. I was so happy that I have him learned how to hold it, and he is so happy in return when he made a sound out of it!! Doing great kid!

It is Sunday and today’s event is table tennis! The 1st prize will be 10 pcs seal! Where in these seals can be redeemed as an item you want in the day service redemption booth. We have toys, books, learning materials and other cute stuff. It was a round robin game, and the participants are short, so I represented the management side. And of course (pagbigyan, di ko ginalingan), I gave way! Ahaha! No, I lost; they are very good at this. (That is the spirit of the day service, to do what the children are inclined to do). The winner is the teenager with autism, he is so good at table tennis, inter-high school level.

After the awarding ceremony, the snacks are served. The children are taking part in serving the snacks; they are well mannered and serve each other. It is a very good environment. The staffs are also allowed to eat the snacks with the children. So, I also ate. But for today we also ate my gift (pasalubong) for them: Mango balls, Mango tamarind balls and peanut chocolates (hany). It is a good thing that they like it.

The time flies and we have to bring the children home.

At around 7:00 pm JST, the work is finished and I went home, cooked my meal and took a hot bath. The day was very happy. I learned a lot.

I talked to my family telling them what happened the whole day, they are also happy about the work.

I said my prayers and slept.

No comments:

Post a Comment