Thursday, July 05, 2018

May 24 – 28, 2018 E-coli / 0157 indeed

When I arrived at the hospital, they started the laboratory exams. After that they gave me painkillers by IV, I was lucky the pain subsided. My Indian colleague was so kind to be at my side the whole time. When I fall asleep and she needed to go to work, she was so sweet to leave me a note that she or someone will be back after office hours to bring my things for me because I will be hospitalized.

So, I was hospitalized due to E-coli / 0157. The suspect is the chicken barbecue from a food chain in the Philippines (I was the one, among me and my parents to have E-coli). Yes and that was from days ago! The doctor said that this kind of virus lives in the body for about a week and it outbreaks, so this time I vomited, loose bowel movement and fever.

I am worried because my father, mother and my sister will be coming here in the early morning of May 26, 2018, in Japan for their vacation. I have to pick them up at Nagoya Airport (the plan is to tour Nagoya and Kyoto on the way to Osaka), and they don’t have wifi booking. I was so worried. Even though they don’t know Japanese and it's their 1st time in Japan, thank God, I and my sister managed to team up so well together that they found their way to the Hospital with no problems and delays. As expected with sisters! connected by mind and soul!

I was lucky that my boss was so kind enough to let my family stay in my apartment on this trip. My boss and my Indian colleague met my family in the hospital.


The visiting hours in the hospital is from 1:00 pm JST to 8:00 pm JST. So in the morning, my family has time to do their things, clean my house and some sightseeing. And, the rest of the hours being with me in the hospital. I am very sorry that the planned vacation was ruined and instead that they have to unwind, they have to go to the hospital and take care of me. I know it is very hard for my family to see me in a state like that and they know that they will be leaving soon (1 week stay only, until June 1, 2018).

No comments:

Post a Comment